The official patch notes are listed below. Any non-official notes are marked with "[NOTE:]".
March 23rd, 2018
- Updated Mod Tool so it works with custom tile assets.
- Fixed an issue where some parts of the physics terrain did not match the graphics.
- Fixed an issue where multiple players could control the same character when sharing worlds.
February 16th, 2018
- Fixed blue world rendering issue
February 14th, 2018
- Fixed rendering issues with AMD graphics cards
February 9th, 2018
- [NOTE: No official notes]
January 30th, 2018
- Added the Tile Builder
- The controller and Piston issue is now fixed
- Fixed a crash related to broken mods
- Fixed various bugs
January 3rd, 2018
- Fixed a crash that occurred for some graphics cards.
- Fixed a crash that occurred at startup on some computers.
December 22nd, 2017
- Added the World Builder.
- Fixed an issue with Intel graphics card that added a blue border around menus.
- Added better and smoother lods.
- Added 8 new world tiles to creative mode, 5 of them road tiles.
- Better texture quality.
- Improved texture loading.
- Shorter loading times.
- Less lag when loading creations on the lift.
November 9th, 2017
- Added color detection to the sensor.
- Improved the sensor so it’s more accurate.
- Added a search bar to the inventory.
- The search bar in the inventory and blueprint menu can be selected with Ctrl + F.
- Made a big fps improvement when walking on big creations.
- Added the maintenance ship block.
- Added 8 new parts. Maintenance Ship Door, Exit Sign, Tower Pole, Tower Pole Top, Satellite Dish, Satellite Reflector Dish, Antenna, Reflector Antenna.
- [NOTE: The new block and parts were intended for the Crashed Maintenance Ship in Survival Mode, but only the Exit Sign ended up appearing there.]
- Fixed an issue where the big Plateau tile did not generate in new worlds.
September 5th, 2017
- Added Raft Shark Mount.
- [NOTE: Reference to the game Raft, published by Axolot.]
- Fixed an error with things on bearings etc when merging static bodies.
- World corruption fix.
August 17th, 2017
- Now you can only join games where your friends are playing.
- We heard that there were some sneaky mechanics joining other players without an invite through an exploit. This is now fixed.
- We will add more privacy settings in the future.
- Made a big physics improvement so physics fall asleep and stop to collision check when they stop to move. This will get the frames up a lot in worlds with a lot of creations.
- Made so the game has a faster startup and less stutter when browsing inventory.
- The sensor sound is now off by default.
- Collision will now have the correct audio.
- Terrain features needed for survival and terrain modding support is added.
- This will not be visible to the player at this stage.
- Made improvements to the animation system.
- The mod tool now creates more cache that will make the game start faster and make the inventory stutter less. We recommend modders to re-upload their mods. This will trigger the extra caching.
- Fixed a bug that prevented new blueprints from being built.
August 3rd, 2017
- Added Russian, Japanese and Korean language.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when scrolling in the inventory.
- Fixed a bug that didn’t allow the player to disconnect connections from the controller.
- Fixed an issue that made the mouse movement lag for some players.
- Sensors in button mode resets when put on the lift.
- Fixed connect tool interactions.
- Optimized the animation system.
- Fixed an issue that let the player drag and place parts in the air.
- Added arrows when the player places and drags parts on the ground.
- Various minor fixes.
June 29th, 2017
- [NOTE: Added Piston]
June 22nd, 2017
- You can now play Scrap Mechanic in Chinese.
- Updated all languages with more translations.
- Fixed bug that didn’t let the player weld when it should be possible to weld.
- Remade the welding particles and added bounce to the welding particle.
- Fixed bug where welding particles didn’t spawn.
- Fixed so bearings on a creation are still stable after getting welded.
- The delay when pointing on larger creations with a weld tool or a lift is now optimized.
- Bearings that touch an object will now stick to that object when building.
- This makes it easier to build awesome fork suspension that have two bearings attached to each side of the wheel.
- Fixed a common crash in the blueprint import and export guis.
- Fixed a common crash when starting the game.
- Fixed the teleport distance when falling through the ground.
- Improved the driving even more with a less bumpy ground.
- Added arrows when placing a part and adjusting its position on a surface. This is to make it easier to understand how the object can be dragged within the placement spot.
- Fixed a crash when building huge Logic gate creations.
May 19th, 2017
- Added over 20 new terrain tiles!
- [NOTE: Full list included in official notes]
- Added a mannequin hand
- Redesigned the Air Conditioner part to make it fit better in Survival mode.
April 13th, 2017
- We have improved the driving with less bumpy ground.
- Kept default friction from Test A. We will instead add different friction to parts later.
- [NOTE: "Test A" refers to one of the testing branches available through Steam beta versions. Test A had the original friction, Test B had +40% friction, and Test C had +20% friction.]
- Made an optimization for the ragdoll
- Fixed crashes when exporting creations.
- Fixed a startup crash.
- Workshop download error handling.
- The blueprint search in the lift UI is now improved with better search.
March 24th, 2017
- [NOTE: Added official mod support]
January 31st, 2017
- Follow camera and a camera setting.
- Updated thruster particles that now have dynamic lighting and trigger dust when close to the ground.
- Rotate between three hotbars with alt+q or access them directly with alt+1/2/3.
- Items are saved in the hotbar when joining other players.
- Did some render optimizations that fix the slowdowns when placing/deleting blocks on huge creations.
- Added bathtub. A new interactive part!
- Added a mug part.
January 5th, 2017
- Uploading blueprints to the workshop should now work for players with special characters in their windows usernames.
- Added an optimization that should be noticeable in worlds with many parts.
- Using interfaces for some interactive parts while another player destroys it no longer crashes the game.
- Removed d3dx11.dll dependency.
- Various crash fixes.
- Added more info to crash reports that will help us fix more things in the future.
December 19th, 2016
- New rendering engine
- Added dynamic lighting
- Added warehouse spotlight and tweaked headlamp so they now have dynamic lights with a beam range setting. The beam can now be colored with the Paint Tool.
- Suspension resistance setting added.
- Remade and updated all block textures
- Updated the inventory icons
- Bearings/Suspension are now paintable
- Remade the Big Wheel
- Added a new clear glass block
- Glass now renders correctly in workshop and inventory GUI
- New reflection cube map for flat world
- The Paint Tool now shows the selected color
- Radio now has a on and off animation
- Gas Engine and Electric Engine now have an animation when using the engine setting.
- Added names above the players and also improved it so it follows the mechanic better.
- New particle engine. Particles are now rendered using our new particle engine
- The game is merging boxes and cylinders resulting in less collision checks
- Lots of bug fixes, tweaks and optimizations!
December 20th to December 22nd, 2016
- Hotfix 3
- Fixed a crash at startup or when loading games related to the character.
- Larger saves should now load.
- Added checking for modded blocks and parts that the game doesn't currently have loaded.
- Hotfix 2
- Fixed a crashed [sic] that occurred on startup on some graphics cards.
- Hotfix 1
- Fixed a crash that new players experienced when starting a game.
- Connect tool numbers fixed.
- Weld Tool collision check fix.
- Max engine, thruster, bearing, etc.. settings removed.
- Invisible block fix.