|This article is about a specific enemy. For robot enemies in general, see Robots.|
Farmbot is an enemy in Scrap Mechanic.
Farmbots are very large red robots with six legs, wielding a scythe arm, a pesticide gun, and a small drill on their undersides.
Farmbots spawn in Burned Forests, Autumn Forests, Forests, the Silo District, and the Ruin City. For this reason, be cautious about bringing vehicles there, as they can destroy low-durability vehicles with ease. Farmbots can also spawn rarely in the wild, sometimes even close to major points of interest like Packing Stations. Farmbots also have a chance of spawning at the base of Warehouses and respawn a while after being killed.
Farmbots will spawn during high-level raids, specifically level 10 raids and the third night of level 9 raids.
Farmbots cannot swim, but they will move underwater uninhibited to reach their target.
Farmbots will destroy vehicles and buildings easily, and can match the player's sprint speed. This makes them extremely dangerous.
Other than with a ranged weapon, Farmbots can be destroyed with 2 Small Explosive Canisters or Large Explosive Canisters. Place the canisters against a wall or other solid object, then have the Farmbot run into them. Alternatively, place them in the Farmbot's path and shoot one of the canisters just before the Farmbot reaches them.
A fairly simple strategy is to sprint away from the Farmbot after getting its attention, occasionally turning to face it and firing a few shots. This goes faster with the Spud Shotgun or Spudling Gun.
It is not advised to use an elevated shelter as the Farmbot can use its pesticide gun to damage the player. However, the pesticide shot can be blocked by standing underneath something.
In a Silo District, it can be lured into an empty canal, allowing you to shoot it down at a point where it cannot reach you.
Farmbots will drop 1-2 additional items, selected from of the following items.
Textures for green and yellow Farmbots have been found in the files, so these color variants may be added in the future. Possibly blue Farmbots as well, following the color variations of other robots.
It is supposed that Farmbots will no longer drop Warehouse Keys as of the next major Survival update. This is due to existing Warehouse Keys being replaced by Circuit Boards, which likely means that there will be a new way to obtain Warehouse Keys, and that the developers do not want players to be able to use existing Warehouse Keys.
- Farmbots were originally known as Agribots. This was changed sometime in early Beta or late Alpha.
- Farmbots are seen in the debut trailer, chasing the Mechanic. They presumably had a rudimentary AI at this point.
- Farmbots can cut down large trees with their scythe, if one is in the way of their target.
- A common unofficial name for the Farmbot is "Boss Bot", due to their mini-boss status.
- Melted variants of the Farmbots can be seen in the Farmbot Scrapyard, however are deactivated.
- Farmbots have animations and Lua code for an unused charge/breach attack.
- The Farmbot's apparent purpose was tending to crops. The Farmbot likely used its drill on its underside for making a hole to plant seeds, its scythe for harvesting crops, and its pesticide gun for spraying crops with pesticide.
- Farmbots are unable to swim, but can walk underwater to reach their target.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Farmbots to become invulnerable.
- Farmbots spawned as part of a raid now run away and despawn when daylight comes.
- Added Red Farmbot.