Paint Tool, also known as the Spray Tool, is a tool in Scrap Mechanic.
Left mouse paints with the currently selected color. Right mouse removes the color from painted objects. Multiple blocks can be painted or cleared of color by dragging with the respective mouse button, similar to placing or removing multiple blocks at once.
To change the color painted with, press Q (or "next rotation" key) to open the color selection GUI. To close it without selecting a color, press Q or Escape.
The Paint Tool can be used to in conjunction with level 5 Sensors for its color detecting mode.
00:19 (Level 5)
There are ten available base colors. Each base color has one tint and two shades, making a total of forty unique colors.
- Lime Green
|Very Light||Light||Dark||Very Dark|
- Holding R with this tool equipped will show a reloading animation.
- In the unlimited developer inventory there is a placeable part named obj_tool_paint. This part is used as a model for when you drop a tool out of your inventory. It is not obtainable in all 3 game modes normally.
- The Paint Tool was the first Tool to be added in Beta.
- Tools can now be dropped.
- Removing paint no longer costs Paint Ammo.
- Remade first and third person animations.
- The small tubes on the viewmodel are now tinted the selected color.
- GUI can now be closed with Q or Escape.
- Added Paint Tool.