Scrap Mechanic Wiki/Section 2
The Scrap Mechanic Wiki Community
Quick Game Basics
- Survival Mode! - Explore a dynamically generated open-world environment filled with enemies, treasure, and dangerous robots! Team up with friends and build bases to protect yourself and your valuables. The most creative will survive!
- Creative Mode! - An unlimited amount of parts are yours to play with! Build free on your choice of terrain without limitations or the threat of death.
- Challenge Mode! - Test your building and driving skills by completing a set of increasingly difficult challenges. You can also create your own challenges using the Challenge Builder.
- Character Customization! - Choose between playing as a male or female mechanic and customize their appearance to your liking. Unlock additional Clothing items by finding Garment Boxes in Survival Mode and using them at a Dressbot.
- Parts ‘n’ Blocks! - Scrap Mechanic comes loaded with over 100 parts. Some with unique shapes and sizes, but all giving you the power to basically create anything you want.
- Interactive Parts! - The Interactive Parts that let you put your creations in motion represent the very best and most exciting parts of Scrap Mechanic! With a wide range of parts and an array of functions from Gas Engines and Electric Engines to Thrusters, Sensors, and Buttons, you’ll never be bored with the items at your disposal!
- Handbook! - Your Mechanics' Handbook is your trusty educational friend, with you from the start and dying to be read! Flip trough its pages at your leisure to learn the basics of building in a easy way.
- Logbook! - Your ship's log is now a handy journal for keeping track of your quests (coming soon), telling the time, and navigating the world. Use it to manage the waypoints of any Beacons you've placed down and discover new Structures your quests lead you to.
- Connect Tool! - The tool that brings everything together and makes it all happen. A must for any true mechanic!
- Lift! - Lightens the load when Building creations with physics in mind. Let it lift you – and your creations – higher!
- Sledgehammer! - Whack loose parts and watch them fly. Smacking physics around with the hammer is great fun. Also useful as a weapon in Survival Mode.
- Spud Gun! - Shoot high-velocity spuds that can break weaker blocks, such as Glass and Cardboard, and activate Triggers from a distance. In Survival Mode, grow some Potato ammo to defend yourself and your stuff from those nasty robots at a safe distance.