Totebot is an enemy in Scrap Mechanic.
Totebots are small robots with six legs and a sparking, whip-like antenna on top of their heads. They attack by striking with this antenna whip, additionally pushing you back using 2 forward legs.
Totebots will always spawn during Raids.
Totebots have low health, their attacks do a small amount of knockback, and they are slow to attack. This makes it very easy to fight them. It is often possible to kill one with three quick Sledgehammer hits without them hitting back.
A Totebot Head has a 20% chance to spawn when a Totebot is killed. It will spawn as a physical part instead of an item.
Red, Yellow, and Blue Totebot variants have been confirmed, each with their own types of attacks.
The Red Totebot will carry 1-3 Small Explosive Canisters on its head. These canisters will detonate on contact with the player, or by shooting them with a Spud Gun. Red Totebots will spawn in and around the Propane Station structure in the Mining Island.
An "ocean-based" Totebot was mentioned by Axolot in a Q&A session. This is very likely to be the Blue Totebot, for obvious reasons.
- The name "Totebot" suggests that their intended function was to carry items around, likely by balancing them on their head.
- This is supported by an early name for the Totebot: "Cargo Robot", which comes from the name of Totebot Heads in the game files before they were fully added.
- The upcoming Red Totebot balances Explosive Canisters on its head. The other Totebots may have done the same for other objects.
- Totebots can swim and will not hesitate to do so in order to reach crops during a raid.
- An early Totebot model and textures can be found in the game files.
- A common unofficial name for the Totebot is "Whipbot", due to their antenna attack.
- In Devblog 18, the Green Totebot is seen without the wire on its head. This is likely due to it not being implemented at that time.